25 May, 2011

SO HOW MANY PICTURES IS THAT?

Traditionally, Architectural Photographers charge either by the half day or full day, and some like myself also offer per image pricing.
Some commercial photographers charge by the hour...
The most common question I get is, so if I hire you for a full day, how many pictures is that? The answer depends on a multitude of factors, some of which are unforeseen, no matter how prepared you are...
I scout every shoot I do. Why, well I've found it makes for a very productive day when you know ahead of time what the intended shots are, because ultimately what you are paying for is time and the more productive we are in that time frame then the more shots we can get. Now that doesn't mean I'm interested in quantity over quality, on the contrary. If a bed spread isn't cooperating, I will take all the time necessary to finesse that bedspread or towel or Aubusson rug. I've personally photographed 24 polished images in one day and in the same breath I will tell you I've taken 6 images in one day.
Here are a few examples of how long a shot took from the time I started setting up my camera, until the time I started breaking down the shot to move onto the next one...
This shot took 75 minutes...
This shot took 65 minutes...
This shot took 18 minutes...
This shot took 48 minutes...
For more information regarding the photographic process,
please contact me 617 571-1395.
Warm Regards,
Michael J. Lee

No comments: