23 November, 2010

Thanksgiving

When first starting out, I contacted an Interior Designer whom I'd always admired; Michael Carter.
We met for lunch and I nervously showed him my then limited photography portfolio. Michael Carter said "I see this as a real opportunity for us both". So with in a few months we were scouting an incredible project Carter and Company had just finished on Nantucket.
While Michael met with his client, I went around the house looking for the "wow" shots. Afterwards Carter and Company narrowed down the scouting shots and we planned a two day shoot that coming June.
Through out the years, Michael Carter has been a friend, a true supporter and an insanely talented and inspirational gentleman of Interior Design. The Nantucket project was published the following summer in the July/August issue of Design New England and it was Michael who first introduced me to Estelle Bond Guralnick.
This past April, Michael Carter invited Estelle Bond Guralnick and I out to preview and scout a recently completed project in Chestnut Hill. As Michael and Estelle met with Mrs. Dayton, I went around taking scouting shots, looking for angles that might appeal to Traditional Home, as Estelle planned on pitching this wonderful project to them.
I was so happy for Michael Carter and Estelle Bond Guralnick when the beautifully photographed project by Eric Roth made the cover of the November/December issue of Traditional Home, and I am very proud that many of my scouting shots and angles where adapted for that shoot.
Recently I have been fortunate to shoot with John O'Connor who publishes Esplanade Magazine. As is the case with most young magazines, photographers work for trade, usually in the form of an ad. And as Michael Carter once said "this is a real opportunity for us both".
So seeing an opportunity for us both, I offered my one page ad to Carter and Company and we met to discuss the type of shot we would want to create.
Michael had recently completed a home that he felt might convey the feel we were both looking for and so on a very grey and drizzly New England morning we met at his project to create the ad shot. Which can be seen in the current November/December issue of Esplanade Magazine.
Though I have many people to be thankful to this Thanksgiving, I wanted to give a special thanks to Michael Carter for all of his support through out the years.
Warm Regards,
Michael J. Lee

No comments: