01 February, 2012

Best laid plans

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of designers who have said to me "you must go to the Design Bloggers Conference in LA, you'll meet all the right people..."
If I answered every single invitation I receive, I would be out 4 nights a week. As someone who grew up in a single parent household, being there as much as possible for my two little daughters is my number one priority, period.






As much as I acknowledge that getting out there and being social is important to the growth of my business and trust me, I try to make every event I can, I just can't do it all. 


When I met my wife Jennifer 16 years ago, she hadn't graduated college, so after she received her bachelors' degree (attending night classes), then her masters degree and then eventually passing the CPA, it was my turn... 


Well now after four successful years building my business, it's Jennifer's turn again. Jennifer, I am proud to say is up for Director (one under partner) at PWC, the largest accounting firm in the world. In order for that to happen, she will be working 6 days a week, 14 hours a day for the next several months. This includes a one week business trip out of the country in mid February. The caveat in all of this of course is that for the last four years, winter was my quiet time, so much for statistics.


So while, I enjoy meeting new people and getting the opportunity to see everyone in the design industry in person, this will not be the year that you say oh that Michael he's at everything...


I will be giving several upcoming seminars, one at the end of February, so while I may not make every single event, I will be out there and thinking about you.
So don't hold it against me, ok:)


Warm Regards,


Michael

No comments: