16 June, 2011

Dear Mark Zuckerberg

Happy Anniversary! Though we haven't met yet, I feel as though I know you, then again 30% of my friends on Facebook, I've never met either! Two years ago today, my wife Jennifer, told me she thought it would be beneficial for my business to join Facebook and reconnect. This is embarrassing but I cannot remember who I asked to be my friend first, I'm guessing it was someone I hadn't spoken to in almost 20 years from High School since I do remember scrolling through all the West Essex alumni that first day. Just between you and me, Mark, can I call you Mark? I really don't know how anyone ran a business before Facebook! I leed a lonely life, Mark and when I'm not on a shoot I spend hours, upon hours in front of a computer screen processing images and when I have a good day at work or a great idea comes to mind, I can share that instantly with all of my friends! Just as a side note, I'm not sure what your beef is with Apple but really I must thank the iPhone as much as I am thanking you. I have friends' who say to me, where do you find the time? And all I have to do is tap on your Facebook app, and there it is, the cyberspace equivalent of my 400+ person firm! I'm not alone anymore and that right there is the single most important element of Facebook that I love. I now can bounce ideas off my "co-workers", be inspired and feel like I'm not that lonely artist locked away in my studio creating. I'm actually quite shy and if I saw you at a party, I would hesitate to say hello, but now when I see one of my friends, and I have cataloged in my head their recent Facebook posts and I can confidently walk right up to them and start talking about a recent project or a family vacation, instead of the weather, well Mark, for someone like me, I love that! Which BTW, you really need to add a "love" option, and to keep everyone happy maybe a "dislike" option? Mark, can you imagine what the world would be like if you thought of this say 25 years ago? Well then again, you'd be what 4? Anyway, I'm taking up too much of your time here, I just wanted to say thank you and if you ever need a place in Boston, I know several Interior Designers and Architects who could hook you up! So keep doing your thing...
Warm Regards,
Michael J. Lee

No comments: