16 August, 2011

Why I ride...

Growing up in a single parent household, my Mother always understood the importance of having positive male role models to mentor my Brother and I. So in 2004, I volunteered as a Big Brother. My "little" Christopher, ultimately taught me more about myself and I enjoy being a Big Brother to him. In 2005, I rode in my first Rodman Ride for Kids to raise money for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Mass Bay. Then in 2006, I rode in the Harpoon Brewery B2B, a one day 145 mile trek to Vermont. I'll never forget cresting the last hill, seeing the finish line and Jennifer who was 6 months pregnant with Isabella. Well, five years later, two children, a new career and I need to give back and ride again. In January, I tried my bike for the first time on rollers since breaking my leg and after a very light 1/2 hour of just getting the blood circulating, I realized that I couldn't unclip my right foot from the pedal. I didn't have the flexibility or strength in my ankle and it took me a few minutes to figure out how to get out...
On September 24, 2011, one year and one day to my accident I will ride 100 miles to raise money for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Mass Bay. This will be the hardest ride I've ever done, because it has taken a lot to rebuild myself not just physically but mentally, to where I need to be, and with five weeks to go, I'm not there yet...
So please help me by supporting this very worthy cause and donate what you can at my RODMAN RIDE FOR KIDS donation page.
Warm Regards,
Michael J. Lee

No comments: